Linguaffin: Language and Culture
Each language corresponds to the mindset of a particular group. The languages are bearers of identity, values and world views.
We consider important that you not only learn the grammar of the new language, but also come into contact with its culture. We believe that a foreign language can broaden horizons. What was once unknown, different or strange becomes familiar. After all, a foreign language is not that foreign.
Linguaffin is a Portuguese language school. Since 2013 we offer language lessons and seminars in a relaxed learning atmosphere. We are here in Berlin, but through various e-learning tools you can take our courses and seminars – regardless of location or time.
Why learn Portuguese?
- You want ot travel to Brazil or to a portuguese speaking country
- You want to make business with partner in Brazil
- You want to study or do a internship in Brazil
- You consider moving to Brazil
- You want to enjoy films, musik and literature in the original language
- is spoken by around 260 Million people
- is the official language in Brazil and 8 more countries
- is the fifth most used language on the Internet and the sixth in business
- is the official language of the European Union, Mercosur, the African Union, the Organization of American States and some other organizations
- will be one of the ten most important foreign languages within the next 20 years
- opens the door to the diversity of Portuguese speaking culture
- can be the basis for other Romance languages
- can be a smart move as it is not so often chosen as a foreign language
Sprachlehrerin & Leiterin
Luciana was born and raised in Rio de Janeiro. She studied Portuguese and English Languages. At the Free University of Berlin, she completed her master's degree in Latin American Studies with a focus on Brazilian Studies.Since 2004 she's been living in Berlin.
She has over 15 years of experience with different age groups and methods as well as different areas of language teaching. With enthusiasm and dedication, she teaches not only her mother tongue but also her own culture. She is also a freelance translator for Portuguese language.
One of her main interests is the use o ICT in educational contexts.